Data Controller: Darren R. Rousar. Contact here.
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser may automatically send us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet;
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software, operating system, and device you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We may use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
How do we obtain your consent for personal information?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, enroll in a course, or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
- By entering personal information such as your name and email address you are consenting to receive email communication from us. That communication may include marketing information for products or services we offer.
Age of consent
- By using this website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this website.
How do you withdraw your consent?
- If, at any time after you opt-in to any of this website's subscription forms, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, by unsubscribing through the unsubscribe link that is at the bottom of our email correspondence with you.
- If you are a student in any of this website's courses you may still withdraw your subscriptions consent (as explained above). However, assuming you have not requested a course refund, all previously provided consent other than that for website subscriptions remain in effect in order for us to properly present the course (or courses) to you.
How do you withdraw your consent after a course refund?
- If you are a student in only one course on this website, and you request and receive a refund for the course, your login credentials, and all other personally identifying information (other than that which your browser automatically sends and stores) will be deleted from the site.
- Understand that the aforementioned deletions do not affect your consent given for the site's subscriptions. If you wish to opt-out from them as well, please do so through the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of our email correspondence with you.
- If you are a student in another of this website's courses for which you have not received a refund, all of the previously obtained personally identifiable information about you will be retained so that we can continue to provide you with access to the non-refunded course(s).
- When first visiting the site you are presented with a cookie notice and opt-out button on the bottom of the page. If you do not opt-out and still continue to use the site, your continued use implies consent.
- Additionally, third-parties such as but not limited to Google, Facebook, Deadline Funnel, ConvertKit, YouTube, Vimeo, and others may install cookies depending on their configuration.
How Long We Keep Information
- We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms and Conditions.
- When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.